Truck Accident Attorneys in Charlottesville
A Truck accident ca be one of the most terrifying of all types of auto accidents. Not only can trucks weigh up to 20 times more than the average passenger car – but they can also have devastating consequences. Indeed, many truck accidents are fatal for those involved.
At the law offices of Buck, Toscano & Tereskerz, Ltd., our truck crash lawyers know that if you are hit by a truck, you likely have suffered a lot economically, physically, and psychologically. Our team is here to assist you in pursuing damages, and recovering the maximum amount of compensation available to you.
A Truck Accident May Change Your Life
Being involved in a truck accident may change your life. Indeed, truck accidents have the potential to result in an array of injuries and economic and noneconomic damages. These losses include:
- Severe injuries. The force involved in the crash, which is dependent upon vehicles’ weight and the speed they are traveling at the time of impact, is the primary factor that dictates how serious a crash will be. A truck accident has the potential to cause disabling, permanent injuries, including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, internal injuries, fracture injuries, soft tissue injuries, and more.
- Economic losses. The losses incurred in a truck accident may be very. Economic damages that a person involved in a truck crash is likely to incur include costs of vehicle replacement, medical bills, costs of medical equipment or future medical care, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and other expenses directly related to the accident or injury.
- Noneconomic losses. Truck accidents and their consequences often take a noneconomic toll on an involved party as well, and the victim may experience pain, suffering, mental anguish, and psychological harm, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
A truck accident doesn’t just have an effect on the party involved, but also that party’s family and loved ones too. An entire family may suffer as a result of the actions of a negligent truck driver or other at-fault party.
You Deserve to Be Fully Compensated
If you are involved in a crash involving a large truck, and the accident was not your fault, you deserve to be fully compensated for the value of your economic and noneconomic damages. This means that you deserve to receive a settlement that covers your medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, and all other damages you’ve incurred now, and that you will likely incur in the future (such as the costs of ongoing medical care or lost wages).
Our lawyers will help you in determining the value of your claim by working with numerous experts, including medical experts and financial experts. In addition to issuing a demand letter to the appropriate insurance company, we will aggressively negotiate a settlement on your behalf to improve your chances of recovering every cent you deserve.
Multiple Parties in a Truck Accident – Who’s to Blame?
In order to get you the compensation award that you deserve, our law firm must first determine who should be held liable for your crash. Liability, or legal responsibility, in a truck accident is based on negligence – the failure to exercise the duty of care required. In a truck accident, there are multiple parties whose actions could have caused your crash. We open a thorough investigation to get the bottom of why your crash occurred and against whom we should file your truck accident claim. The parties who are most commonly at fault include:
- The truck driver. Truck driver negligence is a leading cause of truck crashes. Acts of negligence may include speeding, driving aggressively, impaired operation, fatigued driving, driving while distracted, and more.
- The trucking company. A trucking company may be to blame for a crash when it fails to properly train its drivers, service or maintain trucks, and ensure that hours of service regulations and other state and federal requirements are satisfied.
- A shipper or loader of cargo. While less common, cargo shifts while in transit do happen, and may cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle. If cargo is improperly loaded or secured, it is more likely to shift.
- A vehicle part manufacturer. Finally, sometimes truck accidents are caused because of a vehicle defect, such as a tire with defective tread that experiences a blowout while in transit.
When you hire our law firm, our job is to prove fault and recover damages on your behalf. We work with accident reconstruction experts, forensic specialists, eyewitnesses, the police, and more to figure out exactly what happened. We collect and review all evidence available, and are prepared to defend you if an insurance company claims that you were to blame for the crash.
Our Law Firm is Here to Help
There are few things as terrifying as being involved in a truck accident. From the crash itself to the fallout – which may include being unable to do the things you once loved, living with a permanent and disabling injury, and being unable to return to work and earn an income for the remainder of your life – there is no doubt that truck crashes are devastating.
At the law offices of Buck, Toscano & Tereskerz, Ltd., our compassionate Virginia truck accident lawyers understand what you’re going through, and are here to help you recover compensation for your losses after a crash. When you contact our law firm, we will start the process by explaining to you the recovery process and how we help, as well as your legal options, free of charge. If you decide to hire our law firm, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that there is no fee for our services unless we win.
To learn more about our law offices and why you should hire us if you have been involved in a crash involving a large truck, please visit our personal injury lawyers in person, give us a call us at 434-977-7977.